Boyle County court records,
Cases handled recently in Boyle District Court, listed by name, charge, fine and jail sentence, where applicable, include the following. Court costs also were assessed in most cases. Ages and addresses are listed if available.
- Monty J. Bryant III, 27, Danville: fourth-degree domestic assault, 120 days, to serve 14 days, remaining time probated one year, banned from property.
- Derek L. Ford, 41, Nicholasville: first-degree fleeing or evading police on foot, amended to second-degree, 180 days; fourth-degree domestic assault, amended to non-domestic, 180 days, concurrently, to serve 45 days, remaining time probated one year, no contact with victim.
- Michale D. Hicks, 42, Danville: fourth-degree domestic assault, 90 days, consecutively with other sentences, to serve 30 days, remaining time probated one year, no contact with victim.
- Joseph A. Merlock, 38, Dry Ridge: first-degree possession of a controlled substance, meth, amended to criminal attempt, 365 days; possession of drug paraphernalia, 75 days; contempt of court, 75 days, all time to run concurrently, to serve 75 days, remaining time probated one year.
- Oscar Cummins, 27, Stanford: public intoxication, $25.
- Bobby Joe Crawley, 30, Liberty: seven counts endangering the welfare of a minor, 120 days each count; no seat belts, $25; rear license not illuminated, dismissed, all time to run concurrently, probated one year.
- Tiffany Johnson, 38, Stanford: two counts theft by deception of merchandise valued less than $500, 90 days each count, concurrently, credit for three days served, remaining time probated one year, banned from Walmart; two counts second-degree criminal trespassing, both dismissed, restitution, $53.90 and $36.97.
- Holly Marie Peck, 33, Junction City: theft by unlawful taking of merchandise valued less than $500, 90 days, probated one year, banned from Walmart, no restitution.
Civil judgments handed down in Boyle Circuit Court include:
- Tony Allen Hall Jr. vs. Ashley Shannon Hall, divorce granted.
- Portfolio Recovery Associates LLC vs. Michelle Walls, default judgment for plaintiff, $6,571.48 plus fees.
- Chelsea Brooke Melton vs. Brian Keller Melton, divorce granted.
- Caliber Home Loans Inc. vs. Brian Overbey and Sarah Overbey, judgment for plaintiff and order of sale, $171,900.63 plus interest and fees.
- Bethany Beldon vs. Derrick Beldon, divorce granted.
- Katie McNally vs. Chris McNally, divorce granted.
- Earl Thomas Smock vs. Connie Sue Smock, divorce granted.
Criminal judgments handed down in Boyle Circuit Court include:
- Henry A Wren, from 2004 case: flagrant non-support, amended to non-support, eight months, suspended eight months, two-year probation.
Marriage licenses issued recently in the office of Boyle County Clerk Trille Bottom include:
- Sandra Kay West, 54, factory worker, Perryville, and Brian Todd Thompson, 49, maintenance technician, Parksville.
- Macy Ann Randle, 23, grad student, Lexington, and Andrew Theodore Steggeman, 25, youth pastor, Louisville.
- Courtney Elizabeth Murray, 34, college professor, Zanesville, Ohio, and Eric Michael Carter, 44, college professor, Huntington, West Virginia.
- Ericka Nicole Cox, 21, Lowe’s, and Justin Allen Gabel, 23, Howard Carpenter, both of Danville.
Cases filed recently in U.S. Bankruptcy Court include the following:
- Maliki Abney and Kaytlyn Abney, 211 Vail Drive, Danville
- Nathalie Ellis Brandt and Joshua Matthew Brandt, 422 Brookside Drive, Danville
- Germaine Todd Miller, 219 South St., Danville
- Kristina G. Leathers, 800 East Drive, Danville
Chapter 7: Court-appointed trustee sells assets, and debtor is discharged of debt.
Chapter 13: Debtor arranges to repay debt.