Local, last-minute shopping made easy
Each Christmas, we all struggle to find the perfect gifts for our friends and family on our Christmas list. The Heart of Danville is here to help you find the must-have gifts for this holiday season. When it comes to safe, affordable shopping for those one-of-a-kind gifts, downtown Danville is the place to shop. Our merchants are offering curbside, online shopping, and private shopping hours so that you can shop safely for everyone on your Christmas list. Here are a few of the Heart’s favorite Christmas gifts!
1. The kids on your list need Color Rocks that are available at Pure Bliss Boutique! These are rock-shaped crayons that come with stencil sets so that your child can make artwork that’s worthy of being hung on any refrigerator!
2. Derby Shop and Raggs has the cutest snowman necklace that is complete with tons of interchangeable jeweled stones that will compliment any outfit—both casual and dressy.
3. You can’t go wrong with a gift that smells as good as it looks! A&L Accessories has a collection of Finch Berry soaps. The brightly colored and fun shaped soaps are uniquely named and are almost too cute to use.
4. The perfect gift for your sister, girlfriend, or best friend is waiting for you at Carol’s Bridal and Boutique. Their umbrellas in a bottle are not only practical, but they are totally adorable!
5. One of a kind stocking stuffers can be hard to come by, but Anderson’s has the most adorable ceramic desk plates. These knick-knacks have inspirational quotes and are perfect for holding your paperclips, coins, or earrings.
6. You don’t need a ticket on the Hogwarts Express to get your Harry Potter swag. Lee Stephens has a Harry Potter Vera Bradley line of products including a crossbody purse that is perfect for the wizard in your life.
7. Elmwood Inn Fine Teas has several gift boxes, but we are partial to the Bourbon Tea Gift Box. This would be a great gift for your favorite coworker and includes Bourbon tea sachets, a teacup, and a teabag caddy.
8. A disc golf set from Danville Bike and Footwear is something that the kids will enjoy when the weather gets warmer. This is a fun gift that the entire family will get a lot of use out of on those warm sunny days that calls for outdoor fun.
9. It’s hard to pick just one of the adorable box sets at Centre College Bookstore, but we love their Mister Rogers talking figurine. We are willing to bet that this would be a popular gift at any Dirty Santa gift exchange.
10. We are obsessed with a Kentucky shaped wooden cutting board that’s available at the Constitution Square gift shop! This board has cute drawings of Kentucky landmarks, including Danville’s own Ephraim McDowell house. Not only is this board functional, but it would also make great kitchen décor.
11. There are fewer things that are better than shopping for a good cause. Bran’s Boutique has a line of jewelry and makeup bags that are made by an Indian brand named Anju. These products help support a small village in India and provide the perfect pop of color to accessorize any outfit.
12. The hand-painted ornaments at the Arts Center of the Bluegrass Holiday Market – are truly one of a kind and a family tradition that can be passed down for generations.
13. Office lovers and budding artists will love the pen assortment that is available at Danville Office Equipment. With many, many colors and pen sizes, there are so many options available that it will be hard to pick just one.
14. Cerci on Main has a big selection of Bogg Bags that would look perfect under your Christmas tree. With several different colors and snap on “bits,” you can have a totally unique look. These bags are so versatile and can easily be cleaned.
15. For those cold winter evenings, it’s hard to beat a mug of hot chocolate. A Lasting Impression has a large collection of coffee mugs with a wide variety of quotes and designs. Add a box of hot chocolate mix and you will have the perfect stocking stuffer.
16. For the hard to buy for man or woman in your life Chinn’s Jewelry Store had a large selection of men’s and ladies’ watches – both stylish and practical.
17. Something for all ages, Maple Tree Gallery has a huge selection of stay-at-home entertainment. Jigsaw puzzles, miniature building sets, and paint by number. These make a perfect gift for those 3 – 93.
Merry Christmas, and remember how important it is to shop local.
Heart of Danville
COVID vaccine rollout shines light on importance of Kentucky’s transportation and logistics networks
By Jennifer Kirchner Executive Director Kentuckians for Better Transportation The need to move goods safely and expeditiously across a... read more