Fiscal court takes care of business
At the regular meeting of the Boyle County Fiscal Court Tuesday, magistrates took care of several items of business.
• Appointed Tom Ruby to the Planning and Zoning Board, replacing Jerry Leber, whose term expires at the end of this month.
• Appointed Artie Atkins to the Boyle County Library Board of Trustees replacing John Davis, whose term expires at the end of this month; and reappointed Sam Pollom.
• Presented the official road sign after renaming Rosel Road to Rosel-Martin Road to several family members who live on the lane.
• Heard Boyle County Health Department Director Brent Blevins announce he was not requesting a tax rate increase for the department for the upcoming fiscal year. He said the tax rate will remain the same at 3.7 cents per $100.
• Approved Emergency Medical Services promotions for Tim Bryant to captain; and Michael Mattingly to lieutenant. The court also approved the hiring of one paramedic and four EMTs
• Discussed recommended changes to the administrative code during the code’s annual review.
• Discussed and had the first reading of the county’s business license ordinance.